A Trusted Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma Criminal Defense and Wills, Estates and Trusts Attorney
Ms Atteberry earned the Juris Doctorate from the University of Tulsa in 1992, a Bachelor of Arts from Oklahoma Baptist University, and an Associate of Science from Saint Gregory’s College in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
During law school, Ms. Atteberry’s honors included the American Jurisprudence in Constitutional Law II award.
In 2017, Ms. Atteberry was listed in the Criminal Defense section of Oklahoma 2017 Super Lawyers.
State Bar and Court Admissions include:
- Muskogee (Creek) Nation Court, 2009
- Oklahoma Supreme Court, 1992
- United States District Court – Western District of Oklahoma, 2013
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals – Tenth Circuit, 2000
- United States District Court – Northern District of Oklahoma, 1998
Legal Practice Emphasis:
Since 1998, Beverly Atteberry has been a sole practitioner with a primary practice in criminal law. She has represented clients on a wide range of alleged crimes from Larceny to Murder. In recent years, her emphasis has shifted to a predominately federal law practice and she has changed her focus to guiding and assisting individuals and families with their wills and trusts and estate planning.
From 1991 to 1997, Ms. Atteberry was employed by Tulsa County Public Defender. She interned from 1991 to June 1992, assigned to a felony docket. A special license was granted in May 1992 to practice pending admission to the Bar. Assignments included various departments, however, her primary assignment for five years was a felony docket.
Beverly A. Atteberry is also a Notary Public, appointed and commissioned by the Secretary of State of Oklahoma.
Professional Associations and Affiliations:
- CJA representative – Northern District of Oklahoma, 2005-2011
- CJA representative Eighth and Tenth Circuits: Defender Services Advisory Group, 2006-2011
- CJA representative – Defender Automation Working Group, 2009-2011
- Oklahoma Bar Association- 1992-present National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys - 1995-2000, 2011-present
- Tulsa County Defense Lawyers Association (1995-present). President (2010). Treasurer (1998-2009, 2011-present
- International Criminal Defense Lawyers Association - 2004-2005
- Better Business Bureau - 2009-current
- Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce - 2011-current
- Metro Tulsa Business Women – past President, current Vice President
- Oklahoma Business Women’s Foundation – board positions
- Business and Professional Women/USA – Certificate of Completion for Individual Development Program (2006)
- Women in Communications since 2015
- Tulsa Hope Academy board member
Community, Faith and Volunteer Activities:
- Oklahoma High School Mock Trial Program – Jenks High School (1995)
- Tulsa Public Schools Mentor Program (1995-1997) – Worked one-on-one with a different female student each year at McLain High School
- Catholic Business & Professional Women - Treasurer 2008-2012. A member since 1998. Chaired and served on various committees.
- Oklahoma Steam Threshers & Gas Engine Association, Inc. – www.oklahomathreshers.org (President 2006-2007. Secretary 2000-2006. Served on various committees since 1985.
- Red Cross Blood Donor – 8+ gallons
- Justice & Peace Committee, Church of Saint Mary’s – Striving to raise awareness of issues of moral concern, justice and peace, as they relate to our parish, community, state, country and world.
- Funeral Luncheon Ministry, Church of Saint Mary’s – Serving on a rotating team that prepares and serves funeral meals.
- MaryFair Weekend, Church of Saint Mary’s – Volunteer at annual parish festival including benefit auction and dinner for the parish school.
- Finance Council, Church of Saint Mary’s – The council advises the pastor on financial aspects of the parish.
Community and Volunteer Recognition:
- WoHeLo – Camp Fire Girls – earned the highest award
- Business & Professional Women – Woman of the Year (2006)
- MTT Trucking, Inc.: Legal Counsel and Owner
A Community Resource: